Hunt Guidance & Rules for Merchants
Guidance & Rules for Mieville Historical Hunts
About our Hunts: Mieville Historical Hunts have a long and respected tradition of fun, fairness, generosity and silliness, inclusion, and being geared toward General to Moderate audiences and content. We coordinate large grid-wide hunts and therefore expect all merchant participants to abide by these guiding principles. In addition, we expect all merchants to follow our set-up processes and due dates, and to let us know when you have questions. Mieville Hunt assistants are on hand to help you!
Why should you and your shop participate? Hunts provide good exposure to your shop, bringing to your doorstep a wide range of Hunters who might otherwise not learn about or ever visit your shop. Hunts are also a fun opportunity to showcase your creativity! Mieville Hunts are also super affordable for merchants as there are zero fees for participating! You'll also get extra publicity through coverage on our Mieville Hunts blog! We are flexible on most things and our rules are easy to follow!
Cultural sites: And although we say "merchants" and "shops," sites such as art galleries, museums, libraries, etc. are very welcome to participate! As long as you can make your own appropriate gift for Hunters, have your own site where Hunters can visit, and abide by our simple rules, you and your site are very welcome to apply!
Everyone: Please read below to familiarize yourself with our Hunt guidance, rules, and expectations. We look forward to you joining us in our Hunts!
~ The Mieville Historical Hunts Team reserves the right to drop from the Hunt any Merchant Shop that does not abide by the Guidance & Rules for our Hunts. ~
We will make every effort to first communicate with you about the issue, and work with you toward satisfactory resolution. We want you to be in our Hunts!
1. Mieville Historical Hunts have themes: Hunt gifts that participating merchants provide should be in-theme in some way. Since 2009, our Mieville community does three large month-long Hunts every year:
The STEAM Hunt (in March) deals with Steampunk and Victorian-era themes
The Silk Road Hunt (in June) deals with themes related to the historic Silk Road
The Renaissance Hunt (in September) focuses on Renaissance themes
Some years may have more specific sub-themes such as "Silk Road: Silks, Spices & Secrets." However, all our themes can be interpreted broadly if necessary. We are flexible! If in doubt, ask one of the Hunt assistants!
2. Application process. Applications for participation in one of our Mieville Hunts are typically released a month or more in advance. Merchants interested in participating should fill out and submit their application as soon as possible. Merchants will be notified when their application has been accepted for participation. If you miss the application due date, please inquire. We may have some flexibility to consider late applications.
3. Group Communication. All participating Merchants must join the Mieville Historical Hunts Merchants group and remain in the group for the duration of the Hunt, if not longer. This facilitates communication and community-building! We will share Hunt information, news, and materials via this Group. You should also feel free to use the Group for friendly Chat, socializing, and asking questions. (Outside of Hunts, we have many weekly dances, monthly Street Fairs, and other events. We would love for you to participate!) Please also feel free to message members of the Admin Team with specific questions.
4. About Hunt Gifts. Any gift you provide for our Hunts must be free. All gifts you make must be your own work and follow SL rules related to copyright. Gendered gifts: If you would like to make a gendered gift (for example, a themed gown for a female body) please also provide an equivalent gift for a male or a gender-inclusive gift.
5. Inclusion. The Mieville community has a long tradition of inclusion and respect. Our community includes child avatars, Dinkies, Furries, Mer-folk, large and small Animals, Insects and Arachnids, as well as humans and additional avatar expressions. If possible, please aim for a gift for one or more of these communities or a gift that anyone might enjoy. Thank you!
6. Adult regions. Shops at adult regions are welcome to apply to participate but must agree to have any adult content, nudity etc. out of sight from the landing point(s) and the hunt area itself.
7. Adhere to Mieville's Code of Conduct & Values statements. Mieville has always been a kind and supportive community. We are LGBTQ+ friendly, neurodiverse & disability friendly, kid friendly, and respectful of diverse identities and backgrounds. Violence, personal attacks, hate speech etc. are not permitted in our community or our Hunts. We keep things positive in Mieville and our Hunts; profanity is discouraged.
The Merchant Box: Hunt Set-Up Guidance, Rules & Due Dates
Our rules are simple and help to ensure a smooth and consistent Hunt experience for Hunters and good exposure and publicity for you and your shop or site! All merchants accepted to participate in a Mieville Hunt will receive a "Merchant Box" that includes set-up information and materials that must be used as prescribed. Below are general rules regarding some of the Hunt materials. Additional rules and guidance may be included in your Merchant Box — be sure to read those. Due dates are marked with ***asterisks below.
1. The Kiosk Poster. Mieville Hunts now use a scripted "Kiosk poster." ***As soon as you receive your Merchant Box, rez the Kiosk Poster immediately at your shop. The scripts in the Kiosk poster will immediately connect your shop site to our Kiosk online website that Hunt assistants will be monitoring. Rezzing the Kiosk poster immediately also helps advertise the upcoming Hunt to your clientele!
Where to rez? Good locations to rez your Kiosk poster include: Your shop's regular landing site; outside the front door of your shop, etc. Be aware that the Kiosk poster location will be linked online for Hunters to TP directly to your Kiosk poster should they choose to use the Hunt website.
How many? Please rez only one Kiosk poster. If you rez more than one, Hunt assistants will contact you to delete any more than one. No matter how large your site is, the Hunt rules allow you to rez just one Kiosk poster at your shop.
Do not remove the scripts from the Kiosk poster or alter it in any way. One exception: you may resize the Kiosk poster but remember it should be large and very visible to Hunters.
Next: Configure your Kiosk poster: ***Right after you rez your Kiosk poster, touch it and choose "Configure" to link your shop's logo to the Kiosk online website (and HUD should we choose to use it). Open the "Configure" website, then find your logo in your Inventory. Right click your logo texture in your Inventory and choose UUID from the menu choices; copy paste or type the UUID into the web form and Save. Done!
Alternatively, you may drop a full-perm texture of your logo into the Contents area of your Kiosk poster. (Note you are not texturing the Kiosk poster itself but adding your texture to its Contents.) Done!
2. Your HINT Object. ***Rez this immediately right by your Kiosk poster. Don't put your actual hint in it yet, but do indicate that Hunt starts on [date]. Do not resize, color, retexture, or alter the Hint Object in any other way. ***Before midnight of the Hunt start date, put your real Hint into the Hint Object.
3. Your HUNT Gift Object. Do not resize, retexture, color, or alter the Hunt Gift object in any way. ***Shortly before the Hunt's start date: When your gift is ready, box your gift and place the box inside your Hunt Gift object. Hide your Hunt Gift object fairly in your shop. What is "fairly"?
In sight and touchable: The Hunt Gift should be hidden in a way that it can be seen, at least from certain angles, and "touched" so Hunters can collect it! (In other words, no putting it inside a wall or solid object where it cannot be seen, nor behind invisiprims / semi-transparent items where it cannot be "touched," etc.) Remember: Your gift wants to be found!
Use a Hint: Unless your Gift is very close to the Kiosk poster (as in practically touching it), you must use a Hint. See #2 above.
Show the way: If your Gift is hidden more than 30 meters from your Kiosk poster, please rez the Hunt Tracks from your Merchant Box to point Hunters in the general direction of the prize. You may need to use more than one set of Tracks or additional hints if you have a huge site and/or your prize is very far away.
Fun fact: The Hunt Gift item is scripted to change names to prevent being found via area search; do not remove the scripts. It is also scripted to give out your boxed Gift. If you are doing multiple gifts, please package all items you wish to give away in a single box and place that box inside the Hunt Gift item.
*** Important Due Date: Your Hunt Gift item MUST be ready and hidden by MIDNIGHT SLT on the night before Hunt start. If you have an extenuating situation, please send a message to Hunt assistants or the Admin team if you know you will be late. We can be flexible but do need to know.
4. Decoys? If you want to use Decoys for a mini-hunt at your shop, no more than 10 may be used. You may copy and rename the Hint Object as your Decoy item if you wish. Be sure to indicate clearly that a decoy is a decoy. You may use or remove the Hint Object's Hovertext script and replace it with a Give Notecard script or other means of giving your mini-hunt hint. Any questions, please contact Hunt assistants for advice!
5. Publicity flyer or "poster". There may be an additional Hunt flyer (poster) in your Merchant Box for you to use for any additional publicity efforts at your site if you wish. Do not confuse this with the "Kiosk poster".
6. Mieville Hunt Assistants: Before and during the Hunt you may be contacted by Hunt assistants if there appear to be any issues with your set-up or Hunters having significant problems finding your Gift. Please be prepared to work with us and abide by Mieville Hunt rules and our guidance for improving "findability" of your Gift, if necessary. After all, your gift wants to be found!
Set-up or something not working? Please contact Hunt assistants with any Hunt-related questions or for assistance. If you notice any problems with the Hunt or have suggestions for improvement, please let us know that too! We appreciate your feedback — it helps us improve! 🥰
Merchant Groups: Remember that Mieville Historical Hunts Merchants is the group all merchants should join and remain in during the Hunt. Feel free to ask questions, check in with other Merchants, and socialize in Chat on that Group!
Group Notices: Please check them frequently to stay up to date with Hunt business.
Membership: This group is for Merchants only, past, present and future participants in our Hunts!
Our History: The older "Historical Hunts Merchants" group still exists but we continue to encourage everyone to migrate to the newer Mieville Historical Hunts Merchants group as the primary site for communication, Merchant boxes, and more.
Positivity: We keep things positive on all our Hunt Groups and Chat, and please no spoilers!
Hunters' Groups: The main groups for Hunters are Mieville Historical Hunts and the older "Historical Hunts Ltd." group.
Please help us encourage migration from the older group to Mieville Historical Hunts (secondlife:///app/group/f8dd0a09-20a3-b8a6-df22-ddb300bae8e4/about).
For the moment, both groups can be used by Hunters to ask questions, socialize, or ask for additional hints. Additional Hunters may also be in the huge Mieville group. All are valid spaces for Hunters to chat, socialize, and ask for assistance in the Hunt. Merchants may belong to multiple Mieville groups if you wish.
Please feel free to help if questions come up in Hunter group Chats, but please no spoilers in Chat! If someone needs help finding a specific site's gift and Hunt assistants or chat moderators are not around, please feel free to DM the individual if you can assist. We appreciate your help!